Here is a list of simple tips to help keep your furniture nice!
Furniture Storage Tips
1. Store items you'll need most often at the front of the unit.
2. When you pack your storage unit, create a center aisle for access for all items.
3. If you are storing tables and other furniture, remove legs and store tabletops and sofas on end to save space.
4. Turn table chairs upside down(feet up) and store high up on top of boxes or square wood furniture. This helps utilize higher cubic space that might not otherwise be used.
5. Old photographs tend to curl over time. To keep them flat, place them between two pieces of cardboard and tape them together.
6. Drain gasoline and oil from lawn mowers and other items with small engines.
7. Common sense and state laws determine what may be stored. You alone control access to your moving storage space: therefore never store live animals, perishables, liquids, explosives, flammable liquids, and fuels, toxic materials, or other items that need a controlled environment.
8. Use trash cans to store shovels, hoes & rakes.
9. Mattresses should be covered or at least placed on a blanket to prevent them from getting dirty. They should also be stored vertical against a unit wall to save space.
10. Use protective covers & treat wood surfaces before storing.
11. Pack blankets, draperies, and dress clothes on a hanger in a wardrobe box.
12. ALWAYS use high quality locks on your unit.